Saturday, May 5, 2007

Aidan's B-day Invites-- My first attempt at uploading pictures!




So, today's been a big day. I started this blog, learned about image hosting, and now I think I'm ready to actaully try to insert a picture or two here and see if it works! We've been planning Aidan's first birthday party, and I decided to digitally scrap the invitations. I printed them out at Walmart today as two 4X6 photos, and then I taped them to folded cardstock. The result is a completely cute birthday invite to Aidan's pool party.
Ok, so it seems like my first attempt at uploading pictures worked, sorta! I was TRYING to make the picture come underneath the text, and I would have liked the bottom pic to be on top, but it's a good first try ;). I hope you guys like them. I changed the important info. on the invite just incase some wierdo ran across this blog.
Anyhow, we are really excited about Aidan's party, and I think I've even figured out food to serve that THE WHOLE FAMILY can eat. THAT is a HUGE deal considering all of the boys food allergies. I'm still perfecting my cake recipe. I'm trying to make a white cake b/c Aidan's never had chocolate before (and with my allergic kiddos, the first b-day is not the time to introduce new foods). I've got a great chocolate cake recipe that is wheat, dairy and egg free, but I'm trying to turn it into a white cake. My first attempt today was a bit spongy. I'll try again soon. Hope you like the new blog. I'm hoping that it will keep us all a bit better connected!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie!

Looks nice! We are impressed and will definately keep an eye on what's new!

Beth and Ty

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie and Andrew! Good job on the blog site! I try these things and just get frustrated.
The kids are doing well? Aiden has allergies too? Yikes!
All of us are fine. Working, playing and getting older!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Went back to the site......viewed again.....make the pictures bigger! Put more pictures. smile
becky